With over 1 billion users across the globe, TikTok is home to some of the best content on the internet. From productivity hacks to entertaining dog videos, TikTok is flooded with fresh, shareable content every single day. A huge reason for TikTok’s sudden rise to fame is how easy it is to share TikTok’s content across multiple social media platforms. Whether you’ve recorded a video that you want to share with your friends, or you’ve stumbled upon something you want to view again at a later time, you’ll find TikTok’s sharing and downloading controls to be incredibly user-friendly.
How to Share a TikTok Video via Link
- Open the TikTok app or website and open the video you would like to share.
- If it’s your own video, tap on the three-dot icon at the bottom-right of the screen to open the sharing screen. If it’s another user’s video, click on the share icon. You will be presented with several options to share your TikTok video.
- Select the Copy Link icon. TikTok will copy the link to your clipboard for easy sharing.
- Paste the link wherever you’d like to share the video.
When sharing a TikTok video on a desktop system, all you need to do is hover over the share icon and click on the Copy Link option. A shareable link will be copied to your clipboard.
How to Share a TikTok Video on Social Media
You can share a TikTok video on other social media channels by following a few simple steps.
- Open the TikTok app and tap on the video you want to share.
- If you are sharing your own video, tap the three-dot icon at the bottom-right of your screen. Tap on the arrow icon if you are sharing someone else’s video.
- Several sharing options will pop up. Choose between multiple social media and messaging platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Messenger, and Whatsapp.
- You can choose between sharing the video in a message or as a post on your feed. The video will be shared as a link.
If you are using the desktop version of TikTok, hover over the share icon and select the social media platform to which you want to share your video. Choose between sharing it on your feed, story, or as a message, and share away!
Share a TikTok Story on Facebook and Instagram
TikTok stories are a quick way to capture and share something with your followers. Like stories on Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat, TikTok stories only last for a span of 24 hours, making them great for sharing things that you want to share but don’t want to linger around on your profile. Unlike TikTok videos, which offer several choices for reposting, downloading, and sharing content, TikTok stories have limited sharing options. You can share your TikTok story by following a few simple steps.
- Tap on a user’s profile picture to open up their profile or hit the profile icon on the bottom-right of the screen to open your own.
- Tap on the profile picture at the top of the screen to view the latest stories.
- While viewing the story you want to share, tap on the three-dot icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose your preferred sharing option and your TikTok story will be shared instantly!
How to Download a TikTok Video
If you want to share a TikTok as a video instead of a link, you will have to download the video and then upload it to your choice of social media. Here’s how you can download a TikTok video.
- Launch the TikTok app on your mobile device and tap on the video you want to download.
- Hit the share icon (or three-dot icon, if it’s your own TikTok) on the right side of your screen.
- Select the Save Video option from the pop-up menu.
- The TikTok video will be saved to your phone’s local storage with the TikTok logo watermark and the creator’s TikTok handle.
Note: While a video is downloading, you’ll see a progress bar at the bottom of the screen, complete with a Cancel button to stop the download.
Unlike the sharing options, TikTok’s Download option is not available on desktop platforms. If you want to download TikTok videos on your desktop, you can use a third-party service like SaveTT.cc and downtik.to or simply record your screen with Jumpshare. Simply run Jumpshare on your system, click on the record option, drag an area over your screen, and start recording.
How to Share a TikTok on YouTube
It is no secret that video reigns supreme as the medium of choice for both creators and viewers. It is nearly impossible to keep creating new content for every platform. That is where repurposing your content comes into play. You can record and edit a video on TikTok, and post it on YouTube without any added hassle. Here’s how to make the most out of your TikTok and repost it on YouTube.
- Launch the TikTok app and navigate to the video you want to upload to YouTube.
- Tap on the share icon, and then Save Video to download the video.
- Launch the YouTube app, click on the Plus icon at the bottom of the screen and choose the video you want to upload.
- Add a title and description for your video, select your visibility, and upload your TikTok as a YouTube video or short.
How to Add a CTA Button to a TikTok Video
Short and direct, TikTok videos can be a great marketing tool if wielded properly. From unboxing videos to a product demo, a TikTok can answer several questions in the span of a few seconds if done right. However, what good is a marketing video if it isn’t able to direct viewers to your product or service? To make the most of your TikTok video, you can download it and use Jumpshare to add a CTA button to the video.
A call-to-action button can increase your chances for lead generation, helping you redirect your audience to a website, blog, or shop. The size, shape, and text of the CTA button are fully customizable to make sure that it is in line with your brand identity.