In the digital era of today, the world runs on visual communication. From socializing to networking, everyone spends a good chunk of their day scrolling and exploring all that the internet has to offer. With thousands of videos posted every day, Reddit is one of the biggest social media websites that banks on visual communication to connect people from across the world. From entrepreneurial advice to gameplay tips and tricks, Reddit has it all. But what good is advice if it gets lost in an endless loop of content consumption? Like most social platforms, Reddit does not allow you to simply right-click a video and download it onto your phone or laptop. If you want to download a Reddit video to view later, you’ll need help from a few extra tools.
Whether you need to download a useful hack or an adorable cat video to share in a group thread, we have got you covered. Here are the easiest ways to download and save Reddit videos to your device.
Use a Reddit Video Downloader
The internet is ripe with dozens of websites that claim to be the best at downloading videos from Reddit, but the most popular option seems to be RedditSave. RedditSave is a free website that enables you to download any Reddit video.
Here is how you can use RedditSave to download videos from Reddit.
1. Copy the link to the Reddit post containing the video or GIF you’d like to download.
2. Head over to the RedditSave website and paste the link into the text box available at the top of the page.
3. Tap on the Download option, then choose between the two download links given to you: Download HD Video or SD Version.
4. Choose a folder to store your download and your Reddit video will start downloading right away.
5. Navigate to your chosen folder to view your newly downloaded Reddit video.
While this is a quick and easy option for downloading Reddit videos, it does serve ads. If the ads bother you, you may want to consider one of the following options instead.
Download Reddit Videos With a Browser Extension
RedditSave also has browser extensions for both Chrome and Firefox to help download Reddit videos with ease. Here’s how to download a Reddit video using the browser extension.
1. Install Video Downloader for Reddit – RedditSave from the Chrome Web Store or Firefox add-ons page.
2. Open Reddit and find the post that contains the video or GIF you want to download.
3. Click on the RedditSave extension’s icon at the top-right of your browser. The download will open in a new tab.
4. Select the Download HD Video button to download the video to your computer.
Download Reddit Videos With the savevideo Bot
Bots are handy little pieces of code that can be programmed to perform a wide variety of tasks on various platforms. They can help you schedule an appointment, organizes giveaways, and even download a video.
To download a video from Reddit, you can use the u/savevideo Reddit bot, which allows you to save any video that has been uploaded to the platform, that too without having to exit the Reddit website or app.
- Open the Reddit post that contains the video you want to download.
- Comment “u/savevideo” under it and hit Post.
- In the span of a few seconds, the Reddit bot will share a comment with a link. Click on this link to download the video in either HD or SD resolution.
Download Reddit Videos With a Browser Bookmarklet
Viddit offers several convenient download routes for Reddit videos, including a bookmarklet option. Here’s how you can download any Reddit video using the bookmarklet.
1. Open up viddit.red in your browser.
2. Drag the bookmarklet link onto your browser’s bookmarks bar. On Chrome and Firefox, you can hit Ctrl + Shift + B (or Cmd + Shift + B on Mac) to toggle the Bookmarks bar.
3. Go to Reddit and open the post that contains the video you want to download.
4. Select the bookmarklet from your bookmarks bar.
5. The viddit.red website will open with the URL already pasted into the link field.
6. Click Submit and hit the Download HD Video option to begin your download. You can also choose from a number of lower-quality options and convert the video to MP3 audio.
Download Reddit Videos With SSReddit
If you want to download a Reddit video without downloading any additional apps or browser extensions, then SSReddit is for you. Here’s how to download a Reddit video using this tool.
1. Open the Reddit video you want to download.
2. Add ss before “reddit.com” in the post’s URL. For instance, if the URL of the post is www.reddit.com/r/subreddit/example_post, the appended URL should be www.ssreddit.com/r/subreddit/example_post.
3. Press enter and the Viddit.red website will open with the link already copied.
4. Click Submit and select the Download HD Video option to download the Reddit video.
Screen Record Reddit Videos With Jumpshare
You can screen record any Reddit video with audio by using Jumpshare and following a few simple steps. This is especially useful when you wish to quickly save and share just a portion of the video.
- Download Jumpshare for free and run it on your Mac or Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the Record button to start your recording.
- Customize the size of your recording window and your audio preferences.
- Once everything is as per your preference, press Record.
- You may now select the Draw tool to annotate the screen recording if needed.
- Click Finish when you are done recording.
The moment you hit Finish on your recording, Jumpshare will automatically upload the Reddit video recording to your Personal library and copy the link to your clipboard for quick and easy sharing. You can also share the link via email, along with a personalized message.